Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flashback to Day 7: A McFight

So I was going to let McHoff tell this story, but perhaps his memory is a little foggy after that last McNuggetini.  Anyway, last week we were preparing for a midnight run to McDonald's with a few pinch-hitters.  Needless to say, as it was a big football weekend, we were all a little pie-eyed (2 for $1 apple pie-eyed to be precise).

But before our McDD drove the team bus, he had to step outside for a smoke.  McHoff was excited, and chatting it up with some of the pinch-hitters on the team, he of course mentioned MCD.  Well, apparently a McBurger King fan was walking down the street, and over heard this.  I didn't even realize it was legal to prefer that place to McDonald's in this state, but apparently it is.  Regardless, McHoff threw some pebbles at him, taunting the opposition.  In response, the unshaven bum shouted back, "If you don't stop throwing those F***ing rocks, I'm going to give you a McAss Kicking!"  Boy was that the wrong thing to say.  A McBurger King player threatening MY teammate?!?!  I don't think so.

He was lucky I was inside at that point in time, because a few seconds later, after stepping outside and hearing the story, I began searching the street for him.  The team thought it was necessary to hold me back from running down the street in the direction he'd gone to see if he could cash that check for a McAss Kicking, or if he was as spurious as all the commercials for his beloved "McBurger King."

But the moral of the story is, there are some things you can make fun of people about, like appearance, intelligence, race and religion.  As Denmark has shown us, those are all fair game and everyone understands it's in the name of fun.  But do not, and I repeat do not, insult something as sacred as a McDonaldopolonian's love for the arches.

After that little life-lesson, here are the running stats:

As you can see, McHoff is charging back after his slow start.  McGomez is holding a slim lead over McKyle for the team lead in average, and I myself (McCappo) am hanging strong above .300 while holding the team lead in wins.  The pinch-hitters have been doing a great job coming off the bench this year and are helping us maintain a team average well above the league's.





I hope all our fans are having as much luck of their own at home.

I'm lovin' it,

McCappo

6 comments:

  1. Big Mac with large fries and a medium drink, $6.02 for 4 plays, I won two medium fries (one off the large fry and one off the Big Mac).

    Evans Mills, NY McDonalds.

    GO BLUE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some solid hitting there, McMills. Good Work. And way to dodge that large drink trap. It's all too common a blunder to get the large meal and get a large drink with no pieces.

    Keep up the good work and Go Blue!

    I'm lovin' it,

    McCappo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you may be overusing the Mc prefix... or not

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great Blog. Found it looking for which regular pieces are the rare ones. I am 2/14 with a free Angus snackwrap and a free small McfFlurry. Doing much better online with 6/14 coke rewards points. That is good enough for 180 pt which is more than enough for a $5 Chili's gift certificate.

    What is better than Free McDonalds + Free Coke + Free chili's? Not sure.

    Great work guys, I will be reading all season.

    McNic reporting from just outside the McNation Capital in Washington, DC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried getting my Free McFlurry and 2 Medium Water and they wanted to charge me as if they were medium pop. These bums down here. I am having my brother try the water trick in Columbus tonight. Maybe they will be nice and give them away after the loss to Wisky tonight.

    McNic near DC

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't like it Burger Kevin, you can just go play a shitty McFlute Solo.

    McNic, way to go. As for the rare pieces, it's Boardwalk and then whichever is alphabetically last in the monopoly (Mediterranean, Vermont, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ventnor, Pennsylvania Ave., and Short Line). Good luck finding a better home stadium that does sell waters for cheap.

    I'm lovin' it,

    McCappo

    ReplyDelete