Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 4: A New Home Field!!!

After yesterday's unfortunate turn of events, our luck was bound to turn around.  But through McKyle and my own, independent experiences, we have found a new home field!  I'll let McKyle recount his tale later, as for my yarn, here it is:

On the bus today, I was debating my strategy.  And I decided I'd been focusing too much on the McDonald's aspect of the game.  Yes, I love McDonald's and I need to be in touch with Ronald if I want to win, but it's not just about McDonald's: it's also about Monopoly.  And I had forgotten this.  And I realized, I also needed to channel my inner Battleship (being in the Navy, that's always been my piece) if I wanted to take my game to the next level.

So with this revelation fresh in my mind, I headed to the grocery store, and having not eaten, figured I would hit up the Mickey D's right there.  Before I remembered their betrayal from the previous night (I tried to wash it out with copious amounts of alcohol, but alas).  So I headed West to try and reverse my fortunes like so many people have done throughout history: the pilgrims, the pioneers, and the elves in Lord of the Rings.  And after finding a very cozy, local supermarket with some delectable apples (Cortland, they're the best, crisp and refreshing with just the right touch of tart), I saw the Golden Arches, beckoning me, calling my name, "McCappo, come in.  We've missed you.  Won't you have a #10 and stay awhile?"  And how could I say no to that?

So I came in, and I was warmly greeted by the cashier.  In fact, everyone at the McDonald's just seemed to be enjoying life on this particular, beautiful fall day.  And I ordered my #10, as the sign had instructed me to, and with it two medium waters.  They rang up at $0.24, a glorious number.  And I took my food, and sat by the window in the sun, catching up on the news.  And after enjoying some McNuggets, I made my first pull.  A free medium fry.  Could this day get any better?  In fact, it could.  A little while later, on my second pull, my inner Battleship came out: a $5 Walmart Gift Card.  Easily the best prize yet.  After wrapping up with one more win on the nuggets, a medium fry, I threw out my trash, and found an un-pulled cup.  It wasn't a winner, but it's still free online codes and even when it seems like you'll never stop winning in this game, it's important to remember make the most out of every opportunity.  That means play the online game.  It's usually some easy coke rewards points, maybe a DVD rental, and who knows, if you channel your inner Battleship, you might just win a gift card.

This beautiful day has made me remember why I love McDonald's Monopoly--because it represents the best parts of America.  McDonald's: what's more American than eating more calories in one meal than an impoverished Kenyan gets in a month?  Monopoly: if pure, unadulterated and complete victory in the Capitalist system isn't American, I don't know what is.  And Walmart: exploiting currency wars and free trade to bring cheaper than free products that better our lives on an everyday basis is as American as two McDonald's Apple Pies for $1.  So God Bless America because Lord knows,

I'm Lovin' it,

McCappo

No comments:

Post a Comment