Friday, October 5, 2012

Money Grubbing McManagement Postpones Opening Day

While the NHL season looks to be a lost cause, the McDonaldopoly team and management have come to a tentative agreement that will still allow for a shortened season.  Major hold-out issues included:
  • McHealthCare
  • Working Hours
  • Travel
First, with McHealthCare: if you expect us to go out there and play hard everyday, devouring near 1500 calories a game, we need some insurance.   I'm not going to be young forever; I'm at the twilight of my career.  If I go out there and clog an artery on a wicked McChicken, I need to know I'm not going to end up like Unitas--a Hall of Fame bound, record-holding legend kids look up to, and a bankrupt, broken has-been with nothing but my memories to comfort me as I wait for the cold grip of death.  Unlike the Nationals' management who is clearly interested in the well-being of their players, our management did not agree to the full calorie limit we requested, but we have been given a break allowing us to play on the McOatmeal and the Sausage McMuffin.

Second, working hours: Management will allow McHoff to DE.  His defense has been sluggish over the last few seasons and they are willing to extend his contract for the power he offers out of the designated-eater slot.  After witnessing a 21st consecutive losing season by the Pittsburgh Pirates, management has also acknowledged our need for more days off to ensure their is no historic, season-ending collapse.

Who needs Christmas lights with all these Golden Arches?
Finally, travel has been a huge contest.  In the end, while I have to drive 5 miles, I conceded the issue to management.  It came down to that little boy in South Dakota who follows our blog every day, dreaming of the chance to get to the big city, because he has to go 107 miles to a McDonald's.  That was me when I was young, and I finally got my shot.  I need to play for him.  So management, you'll get your 5 mile commute, each way, every day, but don't think for a second I'm doing it for you.

So with that, everyone, we're back!  But the layoff has hurt: 0 for 3 on my first outing.  Don't worry though, I'm just getting warmed up because we all know...

I'm lovin' it!

McCappo

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys are back. I was introduced to you guys in the magical 2010 season (I got a sweet 50 buck Nike gift card from Coke reward points), but I have been playing since I was just a lad. So, I've found the online game is waaaay down this year. Have you guys found this too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, McQ! Nothing wrong with a $50 gift card. I've also had trouble putting up solid numbers in the online game. My theory is that, as the 20th anniversary season, McDonald's has shifted to more larger prizes (like the cash prizes and multiple sweepstakes), in exchange for the more plentiful, less valuable prizes. I think it gives them better PR and is more likely to bring in the casual player. Keep up the good work.

      I'm lovin' it,

      McCappo

      Delete