Sunday, November 7, 2010

Angus Snack Wrapping it Up

As you already heard from McGomez, we got snowed on our final game.  Both the Ypsi and Carpenter McDonald's shut us down.  But that doesn't mean it wasn't an all-in-all successful season...well, maybe it wasn't what I'd hoped for...alright, the reason I'm not writing till now is I've been FURIOUS.  We had so much potential, we were playing great and just waiting for our big break.  And we couldn't even get an at-bat on the last day of the season.  While I'll let McHoff break down the economic estimates, here are some of the stats you've been waiting for:

PLAYER AVERAGES!!!


As you can see, McKyle started off smokin' and just caught fire down the stretch.  He had a league leading .333 average.  I gave him a run for his money hitting .318, while McGomez, after falling off his early season pace, still held it together enough to beat the league average at .278.  And then there's McHoff.  The coaches just kept waiting for this salty vet  to live up to his potential, but he never recovered batting a lowly .116 that makes even Mario Menodza cringe.  Regardless, the team's off-season training still helped us keep a .265 average throughout the season.

Item Breakdown


As you can see, the Entrees did have a higher winning percentage.  Our theory that winners are on more expensive items is still possible, even though they have the lowest profit margin for McDonald's.   I mean, if I were McDonald's, I wouldn't want to see someone win a $1,000,000 on a medium coke.  I want a picture for the news of a happy customer taking a bit out of a Big Mac with a giant grin on his (or her) face.  However, another theory we came up with was that McDonald's front-loads the winners.  That is to say, they put more winners in the earlier batch of items so that players get excited by winning and keep coming back throughout the promotion.  You'll have to see what happens next year for conclusive evidence.

This Player's Opinion

After a season that started out with so much promise but fell apart down the stretch, I'm sure you're all wondering, what are the experts taking away from the season?  Personally, I think I was robbed.  I mean, I led in hits 36 to 16, I won online wins racking up an amazing 1800 coke points, and I had an impressive .318 average, barely missing the Triple Crown because McKyle had an unbelievable year.  That's a hall of fame season if I've ever seen one.  And all I got from McDonald's was a $5 Walmart gift card and I got to taste the McRib a week early?  Really McDonald's?  That's what you're going to give the league MVP (at least, I think I was the MVP, we're still waiting for the votes to be cast)?  They couldn't at least toss me a $50 win?  A Shell Gas Card?  Nothing?

Anyway, moving on: as many of you may have seen, McEve Treoh requested an interview with the team for a piece on McDonald's Monopoly for NPR's Marketplace.  You may be upset to see that we did not end up on Marketplace.  Following the McDonaldopoly's depressing performance in the midterm elections (receiving only 4 votes for the Circuit Court Judge in Michigan's 36th Precinct), we thought this was the perfect opportunity to rebound in the public's eye.  However, following our initial enthusiasm, we looked a little further.  After consulting Reuters, we found that this wasn't quite the opportunity we initially thought.  In fact, 47% of Marketplace's listeners refuse to eat at McDonald's, 63% don't know what a "McChurger" is, and a whopping 97% don't think McDonald's is synonymous with America.  We just couldn't accept an interview with such a hostile audience on such short notice.  We'd had to have prepared a defense, counter-arguments, and we'd just have needed a larger support base before charging into the Lion's Den like that.  Again, McEve, we greatly appreciate the offer, and perhaps next year, upon building up our support, we will gladly embrace your challenge.

So with that folks, I wrap up my Senior Season with the University of Michigan McDonaldopoly team.  I'm looking forward to the draft and have high hopes that I can continue my success in the pros.  Take care and keep playing.

I'm lovin' it,

McCappo

1 comment:

  1. Great reading and following along with you guys this season.

    I know to keep more detailed and better stats next year so that I can see if the AMOE proves to be more productive.

    Thanks again for the blog, and the best to all of you.

    ReplyDelete